Sunday, March 25, 2007

24.03.07


The first photo says it all, lack of migrants. The only one was White Wagtail on the beach.

I got to the warren about 0730 to find a sunny but bloody cold day waiting. I walked along the seawall but there was nothing on the sea! I meet a friend and we walked along the warren trying desperate to find some thing . Linnets now look like 100 different birds when your desperate.

Watching the sea in a spot out of the wind I found a Red Throat flying south, a couple of GC Grebes and lots of fishing Gannets.

We walked to the hide to get out of the wind. Sanderling, Curlew, Knot, Grey Plovers, Oycs and Dunlin made the numbers up. I looked at the Cormorant. One looked like a sinensis but no one was 100%.

A walk along the beach saw us find the White Wag and 12 Ringed Plovers and that was about it. A Buzzard flew along the warren but what a quiet spring.

No comments: