Thursday, March 15, 2007

15.03.07


I thought I would get up early and try and find the Jack Snipe that has been at Riverside Valley Park in Exeter. But there was so much fog around it was hard to see cyclists on the tow path let alone any birds.

Then I first looked there were a few Snipe on the first pond but the visibility was so poor it was hard to make out any GISS. so I moved on to the second pond and found a Green Sandpiper wading and dobbing. I returned to the first pond but the fog was still there so I walked to Matford round-about to see what was around. Another Green Sand, Blackheads, Greylag, Shoveler, Teal and Wigeon but no Little or Laughing Gull.

By this time the fog had lifted and it was sunny so I made my way back to the RVP.

The Snipe were now out and gave really good views, then out popped the Jack. In the open and showing unbelievably. Nice bird! I could really see the difference in size and colouration. Made my day.

3 life birds on the same patch of river within 2 weeks. Jack, Firecrest and Yellow browed. Cracking

No comments: