Wednesday, April 30, 2008

30.04.08





A trip to the warren was on the cards but the weather wasn't the best.

I watched a flock of about 30 tern fly towards the end of the warren so I walked that way. I found this little stunner watching prey by the visitor centre. Then I watched some Swallows feeding over the main pond.

I walked upto a good sea watching post and settled down for a couple of hours.
Lots more Commics now with 1 positive Artic Tern. Shearwaters on the horizon but unable to id. 1 summer plumage Red Throat and my first Swift of the year.

Last night
Still no Nightjars but they were early last year. However I was looking for them last night when I heard a noise behind me, I looked around a saw a bird flying towards me, I thought ' that looks to big for a Nightjar and as it got closer and lower I realised it was a Buzzard( at night!!!!!) anyway it didn't stop coming towards me and then I what it was about to do. See it was cold again last night and I wore my winter hat that has spouts( not brussels) on the top. I then ducked as the bird missed my head by about a foot(my size foot thank F@*K cos theirs is sharp), it then circled and I thought it was going to have another go but it flew way.

No comments: