Saturday, April 5, 2008

05.04.08



Well a busy day today. First I did my Bird-atlas Breeding Bird Survey just outside of Bovey Tracey. Had a reasonable tally of birds including Willow Warbler, Reed Bunting, Buzzard, Sand Martins, Swallows, Blackcaps and many more common birds. That took 2 hours around some beautiful landscape and in beautiful sunshine.

As I was close I popped into Yarner Wood. Lesser Spotted Woodpecker was calling and flying around the path that leads to the field museum but I lucked out on the Pied Flycatcher that was reported yesterday.

I then went to visit a farm that I have to survey for the RSPB but no-one was in, another great location in our beautiful county. Thought I heard a Cukcoo but it was windy and I only heard it once while I was writing a note, who knows.

The family was out so I went down to the warren. I watched Sandwich Terns feeding and found a summer plumage Red Throated Diver. 1 WW and 2 Swallows at that was it. On the way out I did see a Buzzard getting mobbed by Herring Gulls.

No comments: