Friday, April 27, 2007

27.04.07



First of all I would like to admit to an id error, yesterday I told of 2 pair of Garganey, it was only a male with a female Pintail, I took a photo but didn't post it and couldn't really see it either.

I popped into the warren with the family, they kindly let me have half an hour to look around, Reed Warblers were calling and singing and occasionally flying past. Saw a Green Veined White and a Small Copper butterfly in Greenland lake with a unidentified moth in dead dolphin wood, either a wave or emerald but deffinitly a Geo.

This evening I went up to Haldon Forest to see if any Nightjars have arrived, I went up last week but all was quiet. However tonight I heard 1 chirring and saw 1 flying around. I also went to Stover, a mothr was there and he said he heard 1 but I didn't.

At home I found this (above) moth, I believe it's a Small Phoenix.

No comments: