Tuesday, April 3, 2007

03.04.07


Another sunny morning but a look at the temperature gauge said it was actually cold outside. I made my way to the warren. I was surprised to find 2 Wheatear on the grass by the karts, never seen them there before. They were the only birds of note until I reached the main pond.

I noticed 2 birds flying around, feeding and managed to get them in my bins, hurrah my first Swallows or the year. I stayed and watched them for a few minutes as they are great to watch. I then made my way to the rune ridge.

There was not much on the sea to note and I thought there might be a LRP as a few have been found around the county but NO. I did count the curlew 168 with a few ringies with them and a Redshank. But again only common bird.

I look back onto the sea and found a Slavonian Grebe just starting to come into summer plumage but that was it.

No comments: