Sunday, February 4, 2007




AM

Well how cold was it this morning, as I left the house today it was 1.5c. Even with my new gloves on it was Baltic. I didn't have much time so I went down to Passage House to see what was around.

As soon as I got out of the car I could hear a Reed Bunting calling in the reeds opposite and manage to get a few snaps in between the shivering of hands. I scanned the gulls but only found Blackheads, Common, Greater Black Back and Herrings.

I decided to have a walk along the tow path towards the A380 flyover and spotted a Stonechat on the other bank, flying and landing on a dumped chair( AHHHHHH ). I don't know why but I looked behind me and saw a mid size white duck flying my way and from GISS I id'd it as an adult male Eider, which was odd cos I have never seen one this far up river. Now I see these duck alot at the warren so I'm pretty confident with the id.

I then packed up and made my way to where I thought it was heading. But I couldn't find it.

PM

I had a quick look in again at the Passage. I only found 4 Redshanks but around 50+ Pied Wagtails flying into roost in the reeds. Great common bird.



No comments: