Monday, February 26, 2007

26.02.07


Well what a nice day. I went for a bike ride with my boy this morning along the a disused railway that goes from Chudleigh Knighton Heath to Heathfield. Heard a Dipper as it flew down the river Bovey.

After lunch I took the boy to Stover cp. He love it there as do I. We sat and watched the ducks and he chucked some bread at them and himself. I watched Great Crested Grebes on the pond doing their mating dance. A cormorant was sunning itself, very white face on the thing. Tufted Duck and Polchard were diving and swimming on the pond.

We walked around to the picnic tables and sat and watched Chaffs and Tits feeding on the seed left for them. I heard a Greater Spotted woodpecker in the pines so I found it in my bins, as I did a male flew in and mated it. WOW. I have never seen Woodies do this before. I was chuffed.

So we marched onwards.

Around the ariel walkway I could see Siskin feeding on the niger seed in the feeder. Further on Blue, Great and Marsh Tits were feeding in a frenzy around the sunflower seed feeder. Nuthatches and Chaff were also amongst the line up of eagerly waiting bird around the feeder.

Today really felt like spring, can't wait, not long.

No comments: