Sunday, May 18, 2008










Interesting morning birding. I went up to Dartmoor to see what was about. First bird was this lovely Cuckoo, calling and then I zeroed in on it.

I had a walk around Challacombe Farm and bumped into some Dorset birders who were doing Devon. They were part of a small tour company called Two Owls Birding follow the link for more info.

I walked around, as I said and heard a Winchat( sorry about the photo but no matter what I do it won't go the right way) then it popped out and gave some great views. Swallows and H Martins buzzed around, feeding. More Cuckoos and lots of Willow Warblers. But no Groppers.

Really liked it up there I must go more often.

At Stover with the family this afternoon saw Small Red Damselfly and some kind of Hawker.

2 comments:

Two Owls Birding said...

Hi
It was great to meet you and thanks for the info. Unfortunately due to a Pony Meet we were unable to explore Hound Tor. We had a great weekend in Devon and will be back!
Your blog is excellent and thanks for the link to our website and we shall reciprocate.
Nick & Jackie Hull, Two Owls Birding

da2m said...

You too. hope to see you again. dm