Thursday, January 18, 2007

Laughing gull


This gull eluded me for days but i finally caught up with it on a nightclub roof in Newton Abbot. This was the first bird of the day so what a great start. Others that day included Black Necked Grebe, Great Northern Diver, Kittiwake , Razorbill and Guillemot off Broadsands beach, Paignton. I had to leave because the rain was torrential rain and it's not much fun birding in the rain.
One thing i have noticed this year is oiled seabirds. I have seen four so far this year, the first i rescued with a warden on Dawlish Warren on New Years Day. This is four more than i have seen in 2 years! When will people learn that flushing their tanks at sea might be cheap but the cost to marine life far out ways monetary worth. Right I'll get off my soap box now.

No comments: