Tuesday, January 15, 2008

15.01.08



(yes that dot is a surf scoter)

(gnd)

Dawlish Warren 1000, light S-SW winds, warm!

I decided to sea-watch for a bit so sought shelter and found a Vevlet Scoter flying across my view point, great start. Numerous auks where also heading towards the Torbay direction, there were also Razorbills and Guillimot on the sea. There was something shearing on the horizon but I could not ID it.

I walked toward another sheltered spot and found 11 Turnstones and a Rocket on the main tourist beach.I found some friends who were watching the Surf Scoter. A GND made an appearance as did a Slav. I couldn't stay long and just as I was leaving a small flock of Dunlin flew over the dune ridge to the bight to join the Shelducks and Brents who were probably resting after last nights battering from the elements.

I did notice that more of the dune section had been eroded over the last few days, some looked very fresh.

No comments: