Wednesday, July 4, 2007

03.07.07 & 04.07.07


I managed to get a bit of time on Tuesday and went up to Saddle Tor to see what was around. Skylarks were singing in between the rain showers. As I walked from Saddle Tor towards Haytor i heard the chat of the Whinchat and they were close, they were also joined by a Reed Bunting, odd I thought. There were plenty of Wheatears but no Ring Ouzels.

Wednesday brought much the same weather but I had to get to the warren. There was the normal birds around. As I didn't have much time, I walked towards the bight and as I got closer the gulls went up and hovering over the bight was an Osprey, my first for the year and the first for the year at the warren. YEAH. It stayed around for about 10 mins, fishing, catching a huge fish before flying towards Starcross. I have never seen an Osprey fish before, what a treat.

No comments: